The Children’s Home Society of North Carolina (CHSNC) is the main provider of child placement and permanency services in that state.
It supports healthy, loving environments for children and families with programs ranging from adoption and foster care to teen pregnancy prevention and parent education. CHSNC serves over 20,000 youth and families annually in every one of the state’s 100 counties.
In 2011, CHSNC received an EMCF Social Innovation Fund award of $6 million over four years and became a True North Fund grantee. EMCF followed up with investments ending in 2018 that totaled $6.55 million. Overall, these investments helped CHSNC:
- Grow from serving a total of 5,660 kids in 2011 to 10,000 in 2018.
- Expand its Child Focused Recruitment and Foster Care to Permanency programs to serve more children and complete more adoptions.
- Expand its public contracts for Intensive Family Preservation to work with more families with children at imminent risk of entering foster care.
- Grow its Wise Guys teen pregnancy prevention program through certified licensing partnerships, partnering with 22 organizations as of 2018.
- Conduct a randomized controlled trial evaluation of its Family Finding program and incorporate key findings into its Child Focused Recruitment program.
- Increase revenue from $15 million in 2011 to $25 million in 2017 through successful fundraising and public contracts.
For more information:
Learn more about CHSNC at https://www.chsnc.org/