EMCF's Communications Advisory Committee provides expert independent advice about how best to articulate and promote the work of the Foundation and its grantees.
Formed in 2010, this panel of nationally respected experts in communications, marketing, public relations and advertising meets frequently and provides both strategic and practical advice.
EMCF’s Communications Advisory Committee consists of:
- Ruth A. Wooden (chair), board member, senior adviser and former president, Public Agenda; board chair, Civic Ventures; former board member, EMCF
- Margaret Mark, president and CEO, Margaret Mark Strategic Insight, Inc.; co-author, The Hero and the Outlaw: Building Extraordinary Brands through the Power of Archetypes
- Joseph Plummer, adjunct professor of marketing, Columbia University Business School; senior associate, Olson Zaltman Associates; co-author, The OnLine Advertising Playbook
- Merrill Rose, strategic communications consultant, principal, Merrill Rose LLC
- David Morse, Senior Visiting Fellow, Price Center for Social Innovation, University of Southern California; former chief communications officer for the Pew Charitable Trusts, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, and Atlantic Philanthropies